This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
There has been a rapid rise in healthier lifestyles within the past few years. People are quickly swapping out their fast food restaurant runs for more home cooked meals with extra sides of fruits and veggies.
A lot of individuals are attempting to limit or entirely avoid harmful toxins and additives in what they consume.
But we can't forget that our skin plays a significant role in what we consume as well.
Since the skin is the largest organ on our bodies, shouldn’t we treat it with the same precaution as our bellies?
If you’re looking for some nontoxic alternatives for your skin care take a look at these super easy and simple organic soap recipes to see how to make homemade soap. I have even included all of the organic soap making supplies you will need!
All of these DIY soap recipes can be used as hand soap or body soap. They are even safe to use as baby soap! If you want to customize with different scents and herbs, feel free to experiment to your heart's desire.
Have fun with these recipes and happy soap making!
DIY Homemade Lavender Soap
At the most basic level, soap is made up of two main ingredients: oil and lye.
A lot of people shy away from making their own soaps because they would rather not handle lye, also known as sodium hydroxide.
I understand how people may feel about using this ingredient so this easy recipe eliminates the need to include lye in the process!
Making soap without lye is super easy and you still get to customize your soap to your liking!
30 minutes (Set time is 30 min to 24 hrs)
- Shave the bar of soap down with a grater.
- Heat the water to low temperature in a double boiler (you can make one out of a Pyrex measuring cup and a pot of water) or crock pot.
- Slowly add the grated soap to the water and stir often until it is completely melted.
- Add the essential oil (you can use more for a stronger scent) and herbs (optional) to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into a soap mold (you can also use muffin pans) and let it cool for 24 hours (for faster results you can pop it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully pop the soap out of the molds for use.
DIY 3 Ingredient Homemade Moisturizing Liquid Soap
This recipe is super quick and has minimal ingredients to lessen the hassle of the whole soap making process.
It’s a great option for lovers of the convenience, all-natural products, and lovely soft skin.
- Pour the liquid soap into a glass bowl or measuring cup. Then, add water.
- Add in coconut oil and mix the ingredients by stirring (or you can use a hand mixer on low).
- Transfer your mixture to a liquid soap dispenser for easy use.
DIY Homemade Milk & Honey Soap
This soap is what we call a ‘melt and pour’ recipe. Melt and pour soap recipes are very easy and popular among beginner soap makers.
They provide you with a premade base to create the soap, and you are free to add your favorite scents, colors, herbs, etc. to personalize the soap to your liking.
I encourage you to come up with your own melt and pour soap ideas and post them in the comments!
25 -30 minutes (set time 30 min to 24 hrs)
- Place your soap base into a glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (if you want to avoid the microwave you can use the double boiler method on stove top shown in 1st recipe of this article) 🙂
- Add the raw honey and essential oil and herbs (optional) to the melted base. Stir the mixture.
- Pour the melted mixture into the soap mold to set and cool for overnight (or place in the freezer for up to an hour).
- Carefully remove the soap out of the mold for use.
Written by Ashley
Chief editor here at Nontoxic Reboot. I'm passionate about providing you with the best and easiest ways to make your world healthier and a little less toxic.
If you’re looking for some nontoxic alternatives for your skin care take a look at these super easy and simple organic soap recipes to see how to make homemade soap.